Plan your visit to Athens to include a Thursday afternoon at the Acropolis Museum and you’ll find yourself being serenaded as you view the galleries.
I’m having a little amused moment thinking about all those korai standing straight and silent in the gallery below, suddenly breaking into a Baroque minuet as the Duo Arioso serenades them on flute and guitar. I didn’t see “A Night at the Museum” so I don’t really know if that scene has been done before.
- Thursday March 8th, 5pm: Echo String-Guitar Quintet presents “The National School meets the Baroque”
- Thursday, March 15th, Duo Arioso present ‘Traditional Greek and the Baroque” ( guitar / flute )
- Thursday, March 22nd, Orient Express: Greek from the Balkans to Vienna
- Thursday, March 29th, The Metallon brass quintet present “Heptanesian composers of the National School meet the Romantics”
- Thursday April 5th, “Greek and Turkish composers of Constantinople”.