Athens Festival 2012
The Epidaurus Festival will open with a production of Sophocles’ “Oedipus The King (Oedipus Rex),” starring Emilios Cheilakis, on July 6.
Epidaurus Festival 2012
July 6 – 7, 2012- Oedipus Rex (Oedipus the King), by Sophocles (directed by Cezaris Graužinis)
July 13 – 14, 2012 – The Clouds (National Theatre of Greece, directed by Nikos Mastorakis)
July 20 – 21, 2012 – The Knights (National Theatre of Northern Greece, directed by Stamatis Fasoulis)
July 27 – 28, 2012 – Electras (Cyprus Theatre Organization, directed by Hanan Snir)
August 3 – 4, 2012 – Molière’s Amphitryon (National Theatre of Greece directed by Lefteris Vogiatzis)
August 10 – 11, 2012 – The Birds (Municipal Regional Theatre of Crete, directed by Giannis Kakleas )
August 17 – 18, 2012 – The Supplicants (Neos Kosmos Theatre, directed by Vangelis Theodoropoulos )
Getting to the theater at Ancient Epidaurus
How to Book Tickets for the Athens Festival and the Epidaurus Festival
You may book your tickets for Festival events in three ways:
- Online, using your credit or debit card
- By telephone, using your credit or debit card
- In person, at Festival Box Offices or from the ELEFTHEROUDAKIS Bookstores andELEFTHEROUDAKIS NEWSSTAND, as well as from the PAPASOTIRIOU Bookstores.
Advance booking begins three weeks prior to each event.Online Bookings
Credit card bookings entail ticket purchases and not ticket reservations.
- Festival Box Offices (Monday – Friday: 8:30-16:00, Saturday: 09:00-14:30)
- directly from event venues (sales start 2 hours before the event. During the first hour tickets for all the events are sold, while the second hour you can only buy tickets for the performance of the day).
- A courier service is also available (at a charge of €4 per call out).
Tickets can be purchased over the telephone using a credit card.
Call Centre Sales Personnel: Tickets can be purchased from call centre sales personnel until 2 pm on the day of the performance.
Telephone Booking Centre: +30 210 – 32 72 000
Opening Hours: Through a telephone operator: 09.00-21.00 daily
Tickets can be collected from Festival Box Offices, or directly from event venues. A courier service is also available (at a charge of 4 € per call out).
“In-Person” Bookings: Box Offices
Addresses and Opening Hours:
39 Panepistimiou Street, inside the Pesmazoglou Arcade
Opening Hours: Monday – Friday: 08:30am-4:00pm, Saturday 09:00am-2:30pm
Odeon of Herodes Atticus – Herodeon Theater
Dionysiou Aeropagitou Street (pedestrianised), Makriyianni
Opening Hours: 09:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm Daily
Ancient Epidaurus Theatre
Argolis Prefecture, Peloponnesus
Opening Hours (from June 28, 2012): Monday – Thursday 09:00-2:00pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm, Friday – Saturday 09:30am-9:30pm