The Museum of Cycladic Art will host guided tours through both its special exhibits and its permanent collection from 6pm until midnight.
The Herakleidon Museum museum will offer free admission and live music from sunset (20:30) until midnight
The Spyros Vassiliou Museum will host self guided tours along with special offers in the museums’ gift shop.
Several other museums will be hosting special events and free admission in honor of World Museum Day, which officially was held in April. The offers continue through the month of May, ending May 27, 2012.
To celebrate the International Day of Museums, the Network of Museums and Cultural Institutions of the Historical Centre of Athens invites visitors (and locals!) to explore their 17 member musuems during their “Athens: Neighborhoods and Museums” event, which begins Friday, May 11 and runs until Sunday, May 27, 2012.
Pickup your sign in forms at the BM Theohacharakis Museum and visit the 17 musuems during the event period, many are offering half price or free admission. On Friday May 18 admission is free to all participating museums (some offer free admission on May 19 as well).
During the period of duration of action are invited to visit 17 network operators and to answer questions posed by any entity in the special form which is available free of charge. Many organizations charge admission ticket, they offer half price or less guests participating in this joint event, while Friday, May 18 , admission to all museums is free .
The event officially ends in the courtyard of the The Ai-Stratis Museum of Political Exile, Asomaton Thissio 31,Sunday, May 27 at 19.30 , where guests who have completed their visits have the opportunity to meet with representatives from the various museums.
- Academy of Athens – Research Centre for Greek Folklore , Ipitou 3, Plate
- Jewish Museum of Greece , Nikis 39, Syntagma
- Greek Children’s Museum , Kydathinaion 14, Plate
- American Union , Marseille 22, Kolonaki
- Institute of Fine Arts and Music B & M Theocharakis , Queen Sofia and 9 Merlin 1, Constitution
- Institute of Greek Mills , Asomaton 45, Kerameikos
- Historical Archives National Bank , 146 September 3, Athens
- Center for the Study of Traditional Pottery , Melidoni 4-6, Kerameikos
- Museum of Greek Children’s Art , Codrus 9, Plate
- Herakleidon , Herakleidon 16, Thissio
- Museum of the History of Greek Costume of the Lyceum of Greek Women , Democritus 7, Kolonaki
- Museum of History, University of Athens , 5 Dome, Plate
- Lalaounis Jewelry Museum , 12 & Kallisperi Caryatids, Acropolis
- Museum of Greek Folk Instruments , Diogenes 1, Plate
- Spyros Vassiliou Museum , Webster 5A, Acropolis
- Emotions Museum of Childhood , Karatzas Tsamis Karatasou 7 and 56, Filopappou Philopappos
- Katakouzenos House , 4 Amalia, Constitution